Pretty + Practical Kitchen Essentials
If you’re anything like me when it comes to kitchen essentials, there are two simple expectations. Quality + aesthetics. As a result, home cooking gets more efficient and also more enjoyable! When you feel good, your creativity flows. Leading to the makings of a great meal made with lots of heart!
In this list below, you will find some of my favorite items in our kitchen. We use these kitchen essentials DAILY and they make us feel good when using them! Quality items that are easy on the eyes. Nothing better!
1. Vitamix Blender – Simply put, nothing compares. I had no idea what we were missing out on till we had a smoothie made in one of these bad boys. It was perfectly silky and so easy to drink! We made it our immediate goal to get our hands on one of these machines and have never once regretted it! We use this blender multiple times a day, EVERY day. Not just for smoothies, but also: nut milks, garlic cashew cream sauces, ‘nice’ cream + creamy soups. Super easy to clean and even easier to use. This specific model has automatic settings included, so you can put in your ingredients and hit start! It turns off itself when your smoothie, soup or ice cream is done. C’mon!
2. Gold Measuring Spoons – So many of you have been asking me about these little cuties spotted in my last post! They are inexpensive + adorable and now you can get them for all your measuring needs!
3. Stainless Steel Mason Jar Lids – We’ll talk about why you need mason jars next, but to give them less of a “farm-house” aesthetic, trade their standard lids for these chic toppers! They are BPA free and seal tight thanks to the silicone seal. Love these shelf worthy lids!
4. Half Gallon Mason Jars – So many reasons to use mason jars, but these extra large ones are perfect for storing (and displaying) your bulk goods! Great for everything from dried beans, rice, flours, noodles, seeds, dried fruits, nuts and spices. You can clearly see what you have and how much you have left. They are tall and narrow for easy storage AND are an affordable alternative to other costly canisters. Top with the stainless steel lids mentioned above and you are good to go!
5. Bamboo Utensils – You kind of need these if you plan on cooking, pretty much, anything. So why not get really cool ones! Bamboo is super durable, meaning, these will last you a LONG time. And that dipped handle makes them cute enough to want to display these kitchen essentials with pride.
6. Kitchen Aid Mixer – This thing is legit. Not only does it come in an array of colors, but you can also purchase all sorts of amazing attachments that make this a kitchen must have. We bake a lot of bread, make homemade pizza dough, granolas, pancakes, vegan whipped creams + cookies! This mixer can handle it all AND is pretty enough to leave out on the counter.
7. Cutting Boards – When you eat solely plant based, you don’t have to worry about cross the contamination of food born diseases on your foods. Fruits, veggies and nuts are safe to cut using the same tools and without the fear of choosing the wrong cutting board. One large hearty cutting board will do! So make sure its the size you need and a style you love! This one is large and the price is quite nice!
8. Salt + Pepper Box – Your pink himalayan salt has never looked so dang Instagram worthy! But more importantly (kinda), is your control of the application of these two necessary spices. In a shaker, you can easily “over pour”. You know you’ve done it! But with this box, you actually get a “pinch” at a time, seasoning to perfection. You can use also use a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon if you prefer. You can’t deny this gorgeous display of the most basic of spices.
9. Food Processor – For making your own nut butters, falafel, chunky salsa, baby food, hummus, bean dips, and the list goes on. We have this exact version and it comes with some pretty amazing attachments for shredding carrots or slicing veggies with the quickness! Salad prepping has never been easier.
10. Mandolin Slicer – My girls love cucumber salad and there is nothing worse than a cucumber salad that has been cut by hand with a knife. Some slices are thick, while others are so thin the knife didn’t even make it all the way through before it slips, resulting in a weird half slice. Am I the only one bothered by this??? Well this handy tool not only makes the most evenly cut cucumber slices, but it’s perfect for a multitude of other veggie slicing. Potatoes for chip making. Zucchini for vegetable lasagna, onions for canning, sweet potatoes for frying! Now you can stop relying on that not-so-steady hand of yours!
11. Gold Dinnerware – This set is utter perfection to me and is probably one of my top fave kitchen essentials. Dressy enough to make a meal feel like it fell out of your TV while watching an episode of “A Chef’s Table”. But the muted gold brings a level of effortless chill. I love the white handles and the sleek profile of these utensils. Dishwasher safe and completely drool worthy.
12. Dutch Oven – Heavier than you can imagine, but they cook/ bake like a dream! Like I mentioned above, we bake a ton of bread. And our bread game completely changed when we got our first dutch oven. To get that crusty, artisan loaf, you have GOT to get one of these. If you’re not a baker, these pots are the absolute BEST for all your bulk cooking! Soup, beans, stews, veggie broths, curry, popcorn, chili, rice, mashed potatoes! It cooks so evenly and I find it really hard to overcook or burn in them. We have 2 different sizes and use them daily.
13. Mixing Bowls – Yeah. I know. They are GORGEOUS!!! When I first saw these I did a little happy dance in the isle! They are so pretty!! But what I love most about these bowls is the white silicone bottom that keeps them from slipping all over while you are using them! Genius. Makes things so much easier (and less accidents happen) when I have little ones helping me mix!
14. Cast Iron Pans – If these intimidate you, DON’T let them! We are obsessed and only cook with cast iron. Caring for them is really simple and cooking with them is the absolute best! When seasoned properly, nothing sticks, making clean up such a breeze. We started using them when I was pregnant with Willow and my iron levels were a bit low. Using these pans is a super easy and natural way to get any necessary iron into your system. It really helped and I didn’t have to take any supplements! We fell in love with how durable they are and how well they cook. We soon replaced all our pans. Many non-stick pans are actually full of toxic chemicals that leach into your foods while you cook. No thanks! Cast iron cooks evenly, heats quickly and lasts a lifetime.
Really hoped your enjoyed this list of kitchen essentials and found something new to add to your creative cooking space!
I’d love to hear what some of your favorite kitchen essentials are! Let me know by leaving a comment below!